Andrea Schmitt, Innovationstrainerin
"Achieving innovation through methods of collaboration."
I have more than 15 years of international experience in various roles and industries. My core industries are IT, home automation, internet services, and telecommunications. I gained profound intercultural knowledge thanks to my employment at a management consulting firm in the U.K. and my experience as project leader for several international projects. Initially, I concentrated on project and product management. Then, my focus switched to business development, with the objective of designing innovative products and business models.
During my last three years at Deutsche Telekom, I introduced Business Model Design and Lean Startup methods. In my role as Innovation Coach, I trained around 100 colleagues, including executives, in these new methods. I accompanied various product teams and their management over a longer period. This included planning and implementing Value Proposition and Business Model Design workshops, coaching individual management and team members as well as the continuous introduction of the Lean Startup method. The purpose of this was to subject business model assumptions to structured tests. This led to a shorter distance to the market and to more targeted investments.
I believe that the Business Model Design and Lean Startup methods along with the complete set of Agile approaches support collaboration within the organization. Collaboration is the prerequisite for unleashing creativity, enthusiasm, and dedication of all employees. This is the way innovations can be generated.
I am a graduate engineer for electrical engineering and have been focusing increasingly on business administration topics in recent years. I also graduated in business administration.
- Management 3.0: Training for Change and Innovation, Jurgen Appelo
- Design Thinking Open Course, D-School Hasso Plattner Institute
- Certified Business Model Canvas Trainer, Strategyzer Academy
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance
- Certified Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Alliance
- Visual Facilitation Training, Kommunikationslotsen
- Retrospective Training for Facilitators, Kanban and Scrum Master, Deutsche Telekom
- Coaching – Team Caching, Integrata
- Communication Training for Female Executives, Dr. Peter Modler
- Leading with Competence from the Onset, Deutsche Telekom
- MBTI: Myers Briggs Type Index Training, Deutsche Telekom
- Business Design Summit: Customer Value Canvas & Business Model Canvas (Alexander Osterwalder), Lean Startup (Steve Blank), Innovation Games (Luke Hohmann), etc.
- Business Model Generation Masterclass (Alexander Osterwalder), Strategyzer Academy
- Project Management Methodologies according to PMI, Certification by George Washington University
My conference contributions
- Scrum Day 2014 (Böblingen, Germany): "Making Business Models a Success with Agile Approaches“
- Agile Telekom Convention 2014 (Bonn, Germany): "Scrum Meets Lean Startup - Build Products That Your Customers Love and Make You More Successful“
- LeanConf 2014 (Manchester, UK): "Applying Lean Startup Methods in Big Organizations – Does This Work?“
I joined Deutsche Telekom in 2001 and was employed in various roles until 2014 in Bonn and Darmstadt, Germany. Roles included technical project management for the introduction of new services, product management, and business development for B2B products as well as line manager. In my last role as Senior Agile Coach, I supported product innovators of the Deutsche Telekom Group to strengthen their power to innovate and to reduce their investment risk by bringing in my methodological expertise.
From 1999 bis 2001, I worked as a Consultant for 2.5G/3G Network Systems in the Technology Centre of the PA Consulting Group in Cambridge, Great Britain. As a Management Consultant, I led and supported cross-functional customer projects in Europe. My focus was on the introduction of leading edge mobile technologies in the telecommunications and transport industries.
From 1995 to 1998, I acted as Specialty Adviser for fixed network planning in the international holding company Mannesmann Eurokom (Düsseldorf and Stuttgart, Germany). My intercultural experience is mainly based on my global activities during this time. I was responsible for technical project management and fixed network planning for mobile communications projects in various countries such as Israel, Luxembourg, Brazil, Taiwan, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, and Austria.